Virtual NHS Workforce Congress: The People Promise
“Convenzis is one of the best event organisations I ever came across. Guess the secret is that it is a family business. Short lines of communication, quick solutions and always an eye on the topic, the speakers and the auditorium … oh, and remarkably fair prices for the provided content. Keep up the spirit, guys!” Medical University of Innsbruck
In 2019 NHS England released the first details of the highly anticipated NHS People Plan (formally Workforce Implementation Plan) which has been produced with 5 key themes:
1. Make the NHS the best place to work: We must make the NHS an employer of excellence – valuing, supporting, developing and investing in our people.
2. Improve our leadership culture: Positive, compassionate and improvement focused leadership creates the culture that delivers better care. We need to improve our leadership culture nationally and locally.
3. Prioritise urgent action on nursing shortages: There are shortages across a wide range of NHS staff groups, However, the most urgent challenge is the current shortage of nurses. We need to act now to address this.
4. Develop a workforce to deliver 21st-century care: We will need to grow our overall workforce, but growth alone will not be enough. We need a transformed workforce with a more varied and richer skill mix, new types of roles and different ways of working, ready to exploit the opportunities offered by technology and scientific innovation to transform care and release more time for care.
5. Develop a new operating model for the workforce: We need to continue to work collaboratively and to be clear what needs to be done locally, regionally and nationally, with more people planning activities undertaken by local integrated care systems (ICSs).
This virtual Virtual NHS Workforce Congress: The People Promise will provide a timely update on the NHS People Plan progression and challenges to date.
Listen, learn and engage with a some of the most reputable and forward-thinking NHS workforce specialises in the UK whist virtually networking with peers from across the UK and further afield.
Registration now open.